Wednesday, September 22, 2004

A cigarette in my hand....

As I took a long drag on my fourth 'Classic' of the day I saw the light blue smoke rising up slowly and become one with the ether.This was followed by a few more puffs on the stick until the ash felt down and the burning tip had almost reached the golden ring.
I have never really known why I started smoking and what pleasure I derive from it.Every time the nicotine enters the lungs of mine I enjoy a dark masochistic pleasure taking me on the road to perdition.And yet I cannot leave it...It probably is the only constant companion of my life which will always remain loyal to the person holding it...loyal to the extent of accompaning him to a sepulchral silence.
The denizens of this world love irony..infact we subsist on it...9th of August, 8:45 pm...I am given the good news that I have been recruited by a cigarette major...(after all nobody forced the job on me...I took it out of my own free will and a after greulling round of interviews).....all my life I'll be selling cigarettes to others of my ilk and hoping more people join the party and boost my profits.Lovely isnt it ?
These thoughts flashed like streaks of lighting across the crimson sky...I looked at them and before I could hear the sound of thunder I asked my friend...."Got a lighter ??"

4 Comments:

Blogger apratim said...

hi shreerang ...

awesome post ... your creative writing prowess really showing through all the mist of ur cigarette smoke ...

keep going man ... all the best

September 24, 2004 at 1:31 PM  
Blogger apratim said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

September 24, 2004 at 1:31 PM  
Blogger kriti said...

hmmm..... 1stly welcome to blogging. shud have sent me the link to ur blog .... got it frm abhinav.... nice thoughts neway..... and common thoughts there

September 27, 2004 at 7:43 PM  
Blogger Estella said...

Your second-best post yet (after 'It is Lonely at the Top').

Lovely combination of thought, contemplation, feeling. Images are very evocative.

April 25, 2008 at 1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home