Saturday, August 30, 2008

A new profile

I dislike cities and I dislike commotion,

I dislike people who talk as if there is no tomorrow,

I dislike scheming individuals.

I like quiet and green places,

I love spending Sunday afternoons sipping tea

and reading books.

I like writing and do pen down my thoughts

when I get the time to do so.

I love traveling in the countryside and observing

local cultures.

I like observing the idiosyncrasies of people.

I can spend hours in reveries imagining how I would

change the world.

I have lived my life for a quarter of a century.

For the most part I have lived someone else’s dream.

Unfortunately, to live my own dream I need to first have one.

And dreams are seen only in a deep slumber.

A deep slumber – how I wish I could have one !!

Cut off from the world and free of remnants of the old dream.

I plan to travel across India – from Kashmir to Kanyakumari

and from Arunachal to Bombay.

And then I’ll write my own “Motorcycle Diaries”.

It will be a journey of a lifetime – undertaken by few

and understood by none.

If you are still reading this and think that I am a

Che Guevara or some intellectual in the making,

then you are grossly mistaken.

I have a propensity to talk rubbish and sound intelligent only

when I am afflicted by seizures of madness.

The rest of the time I live my life like any other

-nameless, faceless and aimless.

Deep within a voice tells me that I am

destined for greater things.

But then that’s going to be a tough life.

And I love the pleasures of my current life.

I throttle this voice like I would squash a mosquito.

And continue with my existence.

But I have killed too many of these mosquitoes.

They keep haunting me in my sleep.

Hopefully, they’ll frighten away the vagabond in me,

And help me discover a new life.

Amen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anirudh said...

good one dude!! ur writing has changed now.. different audience?

February 9, 2012 at 2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home